Over the past several years, the CJPME Foundation is proud to have enabled Canadians to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for humanitarian relief for Palestinians struggling under military occupation and impoverishment. This work aligns with the Foundation’s purposes to relieve poverty and misery through humanitarian intervention.
All donations to the CJPME Foundation are tax-deductible - we are a Canadian charity, CRA Registration Number 841493539 RR 0001. Charitable tax receipts for gifts of $20 or more are sent at the end of each year. Note that we also accept donations in stocks and securities, and capital gains on donations to charities are not taxed. Learn more about donating securities here.
The CJPME Foundation usually runs one large humanitarian campaign each year, usually between February and May. At other times of the year, other campaigns are also launched for humanitarian emergencies. If we are not actively fundraising for a campaign, or if our current project does not resonate with you, you may still support our work via one of two options:
- You may donate to support to the Foundation itself, as it does important educational work on human and humanitarian rights; or
- You may earmark your donations for the next humanitarian project launched by the CJPME Foundation.
Here are the current and past projects the CJPME Foundation has managed over the years:
- CURRENT PROJECT “Emergency Aid for Gaza: Food & Medicine”:If you are like us, you are heartbroken by the tragedy and death inflicted on the civilian population of Gaza. All donations through this page will be ear-marked for humanitarian aid for Gaza following the October, 2023 war, and we are working with partners who are able to get support into Gaza as soon as it is permitted. In the broader-term, the international community needs to insist on a just resolution for the Palestine-Israel conflict. But in the short-term, we cannot be indifferent to the humanitarian suffering of the civilians of Gaza. Please visit the Emergency Aid for Gaza: Food & Medicine donate page to donate by credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. You may also donate by calling us at 514-389-8668 (during business hours), or by mailing in this form . The target for this project is $200,000. On behalf of the people of Gaza, we thank you for your support!
- 2023 PROJECT “Gaza Farm Aid”: Israel’s harsh blockade, ongoing violence and land degradation from conflicts and destruction has affected the Palestinian agricultural sector. Launched in February 2023, the CJPME Foundation will be working with local partners to provide Gaza farmers with the necessary seeds, fertilizers, equipment, funds and training to rehabilitate unused farmland. The project aims to rehabilitate and plant 30 greenhouses and 60 dunes of land. Harvested produce will be donated to needy families in Gaza during the holy month of Ramadan. The target for this project is $150,000.
- 2022 PROJECT “Water for Gaza”: In this project launched in February, 2022, the CJPME Foundation is working with the International Development and Relief Foundation (IDRF) to build a centralized water well to provide potable water to well over 15,000 Palestinians in the Al Zaitoon suburb of Gaza City. Palestinians in Gaza face a severe shortage of drinking water in Gaza due to a depleted aquafier and discriminatory Israeli policies. According to UNICEF, only 10% of Palestinians in Gaza have access to safe drinking water through public water networks. The project will provide the electromechanical works (e.g. pumping unit), an additional pumping manifold, the necessary piping, and a chlorine disinfectant system. The project budget and target is $140,000.
- 2021 CRISIS PROJECT “Gaza Emergency Aid”: In May, 2021, many Canadians were livid about Israel’s provocation and brutality against Palestinians in Gaza, Jerusalem and elsewhere in historic Palestine. The needs of victims in Gaza were overwhelming, and the CJPME Foundation pitched in with the IDRF to provide food kits, medical kits, and medical consumables for thousands of affected families and individuals in Gaza. Ultimately, $62,000 was raised and donated for Gaza through this project. Donations received after the monies were sent to Gaza were transferred to the "Help Gaza Breathe" project.
- 2021 PROJECT “Help Gaza Breathe”: Launched in February of 2021, the CJPME Foundation partnered with the Public Service Alliance Canada Social Justice Fund and the IDRF with the aim of purchasing medical oxygen generation equipment for a hospital in Gaza. Initially, the Hayfa Medical Hospital in northeast Gaza was to have been the beneficiary of the project, but because of the dynamic situation with Israel’s May bombardment of Gaza, Al-Shifa hospital was the ultimate site for the project. The project enabled the purchase and installation of an oxygen plant (i.e. oxygen compressor, filling unit, tanks, etc.) which serves the hospital community as well as surrounding medical facilities. Ultimately, $157,000 was raised and donated for Gaza through this project.
- 2020 PROJECT “Palestine Medical Relief Project”: Just weeks after the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the CJPME Foundation partnered with the Canadian Palestinian Organizations Coalition with the aim of providing ventilators, defibrillators and medical monitors to medical facilities in both the West Bank and Gaza. At the time, the Palestinians – like much of the rest of the world – were facing a huge surge in respiratory hospitalizations due to COVID. After consulting with several potential partners on the ground, the Foundation and its partners ultimately chose to work with the IDRF and its partners on the ground in Palestine. Ultimately, $165,000 was raised and donated for this project.